To be eligible for consideration you must be female, female identifying or non-conforming sapien as young as 50 years of age or older and reside in the Pacific NW. We eagerly seek persons of color in order to represent a wider range of perspectives for this innovative anthology.
What we are Looking For:
Work that specifically focuses on eroticism; ecstasy; love; sex; body love; breakthroughs; lessons learned sensuality from the perspective of aging; what it means to be a sensual, pleasure seeking person in an older body. Although we are not excluding trauma or “negative” experiences, our goal is to create a new language that defies ageism.
To help you out, we’ve included some prompts:
- Write about an aspect of sexuality that was hidden to you when you were young but has opened to you in the aging process.
- What form does sexual satisfaction take as an older person?
- Think about your first sexual experience. Think about your last sexual experience. What has changed?
- How have your sexual fantasies changed over the years?
- Define intimacy. Then and now.
- Make a sexual confession. How do you feel about it now compared to when it happened?
- What was your favorite sexual position? How has that changed?
Poetry: Traditional; experimental; metered or non; prose.
Must be between 10-35 lines…if you have a collection of poems, we will accept submissions in groups of 3-5.
Non-fiction prose and creative non-fiction essay or short story (1,500-3,000 words). Please Note for creative non-fiction: elements of magical realism to help tell your story are accepted. Overall, the base story-line should true to you as the writer. We trust you.
This is a blind submission process. All submissions must be in pdf or docx format, with title and page numbers, but no name. Times New Roman font 12.
What we don’t want:
We reserve the right to request revision if the writing includes material that has the potential to damage another person’s reputation.
Pieces that have been previously published will not be considered. We are looking for innovative, fresh and unique literary art. No simultaneous submissions will be accepted. We will notify you as soon as possible if your work has been accepted.
Once we have chosen the final pieces we will inform you via e-mail by _________________
We will then choose visual artists ages 18-35 to interpret the chosen work, translate each piece through visual art, so each writing will be part of a “set”.
Every author included in the published anthology will be paid $20 and will be given a copy of the book.